cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med Collection in error

tag

Med Collection in error

Hello

Just a question, i have 2 medical colections that were added to my report in error. I have talked to the doctors office and they have taken the accounts back from the CA and fixed this mistake. My concern is my credit reports all took a big hit (10-40 poitns each!) how long will it take for them to be removed from my reports , and will i get my points back?! I have no other collections on my reposrts now. I had an EE fo rthe only bad I had left. I just pad my UTI down to under 30% (from over 90%) and was waiting to see the increase when this collection was added and derailed my hard work.

thanks!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Med Collection in error

@crystal6182000 wrote:

Hello

Just a question, i have 2 medical colections that were added to my report in error. I have talked to the doctors office and they have taken the accounts back from the CA and fixed this mistake. My concern is my credit reports all took a big hit (10-40 poitns each!) how long will it take for them to be removed from my reports , and will i get my points back?! I have no other collections on my reposrts now. I had an EE fo rthe only bad I had left. I just pad my UTI down to under 30% (from over 90%) and was waiting to see the increase when this collection was added and derailed my hard work.

thanks!!

It could take up to 60 days for them to be removed just depends on how fast the CA does things and whether or not they use the electronic or manual systems. If nothing else changes on your reports the removal of the CAs would give you back all the points but things do change and you may not recover every point or it could also go the other way with more points if some other milestone is hit while they are on your CR.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.