Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med Collections - please share best practices

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Med Collections - please share best practices

I have not pushed hard on cleaning up the med collections on my files due to heavy work load at the job.  I still need to work on these but am a bit frustrated.  Some advice from those that have had success would be welcomed. 

I have contacted my doctors and hospital to clear these up but I keep getting shot down on the remove for pay.  They say it can't be removed only showed as paid collections.

I've acquired all of the cards I needed so this is important mop up for my files.  Any best practice sharing would be much appreciated.  THx

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Med Collections - please share best practices

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I have not pushed hard on cleaning up the med collections on my files due to heavy work load at the job.  I still need to work on these but am a bit frustrated.  Some advice from those that have had success would be welcomed. 

I have contacted my doctors and hospital to clear these up but I keep getting shot down on the remove for pay.  They say it can't be removed only showed as paid collections.

I've acquired all of the cards I needed so this is important mop up for my files.  Any best practice sharing would be much appreciated.  THx

Google the HIPAA Process and use it, we cant discuss it on this board, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Google the HIPAA Process and use it, we cant discuss it on this board, good luck Smiley Happy

I actually read that in a whisper. Good game gdale.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

shhhh HIPPA.  All my husbands were removed along with one I had forgotten about.

Message 4 of 9
2NE1
Established Contributor

I'm sending you the steps I took to get mine removed! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
Dre86

Hi,

Can you please pm me those steps too. Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can You send me the steps you took as well? Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Please send me what worked for you too. I've just DV'd one that was a measley $25. And its so delete it...but just in case

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
2NE1
Established Contributor

^ All, check your inbox!

I don't mind sending the info along but if anyone else is interested, send me the request via PM... I usually don't keep track of threats once it's off the main page! Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.