Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med. collections - feeling defeated

tag
H_you
Valued Member

Med. collections - feeling defeated

Tried to start cleaning up my credit with some pfds to two medical collections...one reporting on both EQ and TU, the other on TU only. Called one CA to talk about it at end of September. The rep notified me that it had been PIF to the OC exactly 3 years ago. Great I'm thinking! Disputed with CRA both of those (both collections from same time of service, needed major surgery) expecting that info to be reported and updated or deleted. Just got notified from TU dispute; not only is it updated, it's still there, still showing as unpaid, albeit now closed, they added an extra $96 to the balance showing. What do I do now?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Med. collections - feeling defeated

Dspute it again. Call the CA and explain that its still reporting. These things happen from time to time and you simply have to stay on top of it. It will get deleted so dont give up.  Expect that while you go thru the process of cleaning up, there are times where you will take one step forward and two steps back.  Get on the phone and get busy.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@H_you wrote:
Tried to start cleaning up my credit with some pfds to two medical collections...one reporting on both EQ and TU, the other on TU only. Called one CA to talk about it at end of September. The rep notified me that it had been PIF to the OC exactly 3 years ago. Great I'm thinking! Disputed with CRA both of those (both collections from same time of service, needed major surgery) expecting that info to be reported and updated or deleted. Just got notified from TU dispute; not only is it updated, it's still there, still showing as unpaid, albeit now closed, they added an extra $96 to the balance showing. What do I do now?

I might be misunderstanding, but you said that you PIF and it's still reporting? Is the purpose of your dispute to get it to show as paid, or to get it removed completely?

Message 3 of 4
H_you
Valued Member

Yup, PIF in August 2011, and phone contact with the CA said it was PIF that date, and they still validated it with CRA as unpaid. I would love to see it removed completely, but at least they should report properly
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.