Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Accounts

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Medical Accounts

I am trying to help a friend clean up their credit. I have noticed a few things on the Experian report that I have a couple of questions about. Due to carelessness these items are on her report even though she was eligible for charity care. Some were mishandled by hospital staff others appear due to neglect and improper paperwork.
Half the items have drop off dates so those are easy to deal with. The others do not have drop off dates on the Experian report but have the notation paid /closed. Can I assume these were charge offs and will fall 10 years after the date they were last reported?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Accounts

Charge off's would fall off in 7yrs.

Read up on why chat's letter program for medical debts.

Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Thanks stef.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry.....start with this letter to the CRAs reporting

PRE HIPAA MEDICAL DISPUTE LETTER TO CRA

You dispute medical accounts this way:

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx on my report # xxxxx.
Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.
If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx

Make sure you HAND ADDRESS the envelope, use personalized stationery and purple or teal font, ( preferably italic).

DO NOT send it RR -WAIT FOR THE FULL RESPONSE FROM THE CRA BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE HIPAA LETTER PROCESS

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.