Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill CA Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bill CA Advice

I'm working on my credit in order to qualify for a mortgage. I have to medical bills in collections(138 and 388) and I'm looking to take care of them, even though I've heard that they do not count towards a mortgage. 

Should I just go ahead a pay them off? I've tried a PFD and that was a no go.

My theory here is that even though they do not count towards the mortgage qualification, they are still bringing down my overall score. Is that correct?

What would look better on a report, closed, paid in full as of now or open, not paid in full but 2 and 3 years old?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bill CA Advice

Usually the determining factor here is whether or not the reporting is being updated every month or not. On your reports, look for "Date Updated" or "Date Reported" or similar. If that date is the current or previous month, then it may be helpful to get it marked as "Paid" so it will begin to age.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I dont see that listing on the Myfico report. However, on the reports I pulled directly from the big three I dont see that they are being updated. Those reports are showing that they were last update in 2012 and 2013. Id love to PFD, but both have shot me down on multiple attempts.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I dont see that listing on the Myfico report. However, on the reports I pulled directly from the big three I dont see that they are being updated. Those reports are showing that they were last update in 2012 and 2013. Id love to PFD, but both have shot me down on multiple attempts.

Try calling the OC and asking them to recall the collection in exchange for full payment. If that fails you can Google the HIPAA Process and use it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.