Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill - Grant & Weber

tag
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Medical Bill - Grant & Weber

Hi All,

I received a bill ($1,100) from Grant & Weber regarding an account I had with Huntington Hospital. As I realized, I apparently had 2 accounts with Huntington and the other account, I am still actively paying for. Totally confused me. Anyway, I received this notice over the weekend stating that Huntington transferred account#2 with them.

What is the best recourse for this? Should I offer to PFD with Grant & Weber or contact Huntington to pay in full?

Also stated on the notice from Grant & Weber "we will not submit a negative credit report to the CRA about this credit obligation prior to 60 days from the date of this letter"

I have no baddies on my CR and I am worried that this will show up soon. So far, it is not listed on my CR, however, Grant & Weber did a soft pull on 6/17/13.

Help?

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Bill - Grant & Weber

DeeBee18 wrote: Should I offer to PFD with Grant & Weber or contact Huntington to pay in full?

I would ask huntington to pull it out of collections for you so you can PIF.  If that doesn't work, pay GW the amount asked before 60 days is up and it likely won't hit your report.

Message 2 of 11
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Thanks much! I will try that route and will keep you posted.

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 3 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee18 wrote:

Thanks much! I will try that route and will keep you posted.

Also; you may just be able to pay the OC and that will be that -- I had a similar issue, and I offered to the pay the OC and I went throught the speil about recalling the debt and the finance manager was like 'Uh, just pay it an we'll stop collections" -- that was it, never reported.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 11
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Okay, I contacted the OC (Huntington Hosp) and offered that I PIF, the lady I spoke with was very nice and said that at this point I have 2 options, I can pay them directly and they will update the CA (Grant & Weber) that the bill was paid off and the CA will just charge me the interest of $30. Or I can pay the CA directly. She also said not to worry as it won't affect negatively as long as I pay by 60 days.

If I deal with the CA, do I write them PFD or PIF letter or call?

Confused..

Message 5 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee18 wrote:

Okay, I contacted the OC (Huntington Hosp) and offered that I PIF, the lady I spoke with was very nice and said that at this point I have 2 options, I can pay them directly and they will update the CA (Grant & Weber) that the bill was paid off and the CA will just charge me the interest of $30. Or I can pay the CA directly. She also said not to worry as it won't affect negatively as long as I pay by 60 days.

If I deal with the CA, do I write them PFD or PIF letter or call?

Confused..

I know its the nature of the beast to be cynical or skeptical of things like this, but I have had similar situations where I had to take a leap of faith without paper trails and it hasn't burned me.

If I were you, and this is mainly because of how I handle things and not always how everyone would do it, but I would  pay the CA in full the amount they ask. Reason being, is the debt is clearly assigned so they aren't stealing your money. Secondly, if the OC indicates if you pay now, and advised you one way or another youd have to pay the CA something, I'd just assume do the whole thing with them. Simpler, one payment, and less likely to tick off the CA.

I would just pay the CA and keep the receipt. I would take the leap that it won't report due to what the OC indicated.

That is just me tho. I wouldn't waste time with letters and stuff like that, once again, YMMV

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 11
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I have dealt with grant and weber on several occasions. I suggest doing EVERYTHING in writing. I would send a PIF letter since it has not hit your credit report yet..but I would ask to waive the interest which is what I did. My understanding is you can not charge interest on a medical account, I could be wrong but in my case I got ALL the interest waived.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 7 of 11
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Hi Lasardo,

By any chance, do you still have a sample of the PIF letter you sent Grant & Weber? Also, did you contact them via phone? Were they easily to deal with?

Message 8 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
I have dealt with grant and weber on several occasions. I suggest doing EVERYTHING in writing. I would send a PIF letter since it has not hit your credit report yet..but I would ask to waive the interest which is what I did. My understanding is you can not charge interest on a medical account, I could be wrong but in my case I got ALL the interest waived.

Denpends on the state you live in. I'm in IL and a CA can't add interest to a medical bill. Learned that the other day. 

Message 9 of 11
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

I've written them 3 PFD's and no response. I'm also in IL

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.