Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill Not reported on CR...yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bill Not reported on CR...yet

Hey there everyone...looking for some guidance. I received a medical bill in the mail that has recently been sent to collections but has not been reported on my CR yet. They offered to settle the account over the phone but I set up payment plan instead. Should I just go ahead and pay off the entire bill before they get around to reporting it on my CR? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bill Not reported on CR...yet

Any time you make an agreement over the phone, I would suggest you record it as they may not hold up their end of the bargain and still report it anyways. But you may just want to pay it off if the amount doesn't hurt you financially.

Message 2 of 3
Loques
Regular Contributor

Re: Medical Bill Not reported on CR...yet

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there everyone...looking for some guidance. I received a medical bill in the mail that has recently been sent to collections but has not been reported on my CR yet. They offered to settle the account over the phone but I set up payment plan instead. Should I just go ahead and pay off the entire bill before they get around to reporting it on my CR? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I caught a collection like this once. It was being transferred from one CA to another CA. The new CA was upfront with me about when the account would start reporting from them and stated that if the account was paid prior to their reporting date, it would never be reported to the CRBs. I paid it, and never saw it again. In hindsight, I would have gotten that in writing. YMMV.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.