Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill.. Please Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bill.. Please Help

I am going to try and explain this the best that I can.

Okay so in 2011, i got into a motorcycle accident in which i was hospitalized for about 4 hours. about a month after the accident, i moved out of my apartment, back to my sister’s house.

I never received the bill for that time i spent in the hospital. (although i was very aware that i should receive one, the point is that i never did.)

In 2012 i moved to California and got an apartment here. about a year later, i get a bill from a collections agency saying that i owe $1000, but they are willing to settle for $250. i put the letter off to the side and completely forgot about it until recently finding it again.. Now i'm looking at my updated credit reports and i see the $1000 debt from the original Medical Center, but the agency that sent me the bill is not on my credit reports at all. I've checked all 3 bureaus and that agency is not on any of them.

I do not want that $1000 negative remark on my credit report any more since i am in the stage of rebuilding. Do i contact the original creditor to work this out or do i contact the agency that sent me the bill? Can i dispute the original creditor since i never got the bill from them? What should I do??

This is the only collection that i have on my credit reports and it its making a huge impact on my credit.

myFICO: EQ 663 TU 650 EX 700

Thanks a lot in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bill.. Please Help

I wouldn't contact the CA- then you have the potential for 2 collections to appear on your reports- contact the original provider and ask if they'll PFD- google HIPAA method

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Bill.. Please Help

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.