Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill Removed From One Credit Report Then Added to Another

tag
estrickland1
New Contributor

Medical Bill Removed From One Credit Report Then Added to Another

I had a medical bill from 2 years ago (that was suppose to be paid in full through the auto insurance company) show up on my EQ report about a month ago. Since this was paid off I disputed it and the collection was removed. Now it's showing up on TU. I'm guessing TU is slower to update than EQ which is why it popped up late. It dropped my score by 23 points!!!! But I cannot disputed the collection due to TU's website being a butt and saying I already have a dispute open (which I don't).

Should I try calling TU's customer service line? 

Starting Score: EX 655, TU 583, EQ 598
Current Score: EX 651, TU 662, EQ 640
Goal Score: 700s
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Medical Bill Removed From One Credit Report Then Added to Another

@estrickland1 wrote:

I had a medical bill from 2 years ago (that was suppose to be paid in full through the auto insurance company) show up on my EQ report about a month ago. Since this was paid off I disputed it and the collection was removed. Now it's showing up on TU. I'm guessing TU is slower to update than EQ which is why it popped up late. It dropped my score by 23 points!!!! But I cannot disputed the collection due to TU's website being a butt and saying I already have a dispute open (which I don't).

Should I try calling TU's customer service line? 

I would call in, and say youre trying to dispute this, but it wont let you, and see if they can help that way. They may have more flexability than the computer. Good luck !!

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical Bill Removed From One Credit Report Then Added to Another

Paying of a debt that is under collection is not basis for a dispute of accuracy of the collection or for deletion of reporting with other CRAs.

If the reporting was deleted by one CRA, that would be a voluntary deletion.

The CRA could simply dismiss a dispute lacking a showing of a specific inaccuracy as being "frivolous or irrelevant" without any referral to the debt collector, or any reinvesitigation.

As for filing a dispute on-line, if you are having a problem with the CRA processing, you can always file it via mail.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.