Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bills - advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bills - advice needed

I have been working hard on getting my credit report in better shape but have hit a serious wall in regards to improving my credit score and it pertains to medical collections. I have over $5500 in collections right now stemming from two medical incidents two months apart. I have the ambulance bill, the ER dr bill and the facility bill. Two of each one, since they were seperate instances and they are all reporting to the CRA as collections.

I haven't tried a PFD yet or disputing the charges but I really want to get these off of my CR fast. Can someone help me come up with a way to deal with this? These bils are hanging over my head and reminding me of a very difficult time in my life. I would love to do a PFD but not sure how to do it. The collections appear to be with 3 different CRA's as well. The incidents happened in Nov 2010 and Jan 2011. HELP... would love to deal with this once and for all and be done with it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bills - advice needed

Look at my complete pay for delete process.  YOu should be able to have them off in 3 weeks.  You'll just have to pay them likely in full.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before you do anything else google the HIPAA Letter process for it exactly as laid out.  If you have problems finding the website or have questions PM me.  Be carefull not all CA's will do PFD so try the HIPAA Letter proces before contacting the CA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.