Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical CA not reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical CA not reporting

Hello All - I'm new to the boards and I've been reading the various topics for a couple of weeks to familiarize myself with everything before I jump in with my questions.  

I haven't been able to find anything that covers one of the things I'm trying to clarify regarding medical collections.  

I have several medical collections that I have received mailed notices for (from the Ca), and I am planning to PFD all of them.  They are all very recent and I am not disputing any of them.  As well, I am fully prepared to offer to PIF.  

However, here is my question, all but one of the collections is not reporting on any of CRA reports.  I'm getting somewhat ahead of myself as I do know to contact the OC to see if I can negotiate to PIF in order for the collections to be called back, but if that doesn't work and I pay the CA (in full), can they still report the collection?

Also, second question, the various PFD letter samples I've been able to find all include a statement about disputing the debt.  I do not dispute the debt/s, what am I setting myself up for if I do not include this portion of the letter?

Thank you all in advance for your help!       

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical CA not reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All - I'm new to the boards and I've been reading the various topics for a couple of weeks to familiarize myself with everything before I jump in with my questions.  

I haven't been able to find anything that covers one of the things I'm trying to clarify regarding medical collections.  

I have several medical collections that I have received mailed notices for (from the Ca), and I am planning to PFD all of them.  They are all very recent and I am not disputing any of them.  As well, I am fully prepared to offer to PIF.  

However, here is my question, all but one of the collections is not reporting on any of CRA reports.  I'm getting somewhat ahead of myself as I do know to contact the OC to see if I can negotiate to PIF in order for the collections to be called back, but if that doesn't work and I pay the CA (in full), can they still report the collection?

Also, second question, the various PFD letter samples I've been able to find all include a statement about disputing the debt.  I do not dispute the debt/s, what am I setting myself up for if I do not include this portion of the letter?

Thank you all in advance for your help!       

If they are not reporting what you want to do is call them and make a deal for payment if full for NOT reporting the collection. On the reporting CA

For medical debt:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

On a PFD offer in writing you dont take ownership of the debt and I would not even mention the word dispute in it...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical CA not reporting

Thanks for the response.  This is definitley a limbo situation - the collections are out there and I know about them, but they aren't reporting and I don't want them to report.  I want to pay them, in full, but I don't want to initiate anything that might result in the CA reporting the collections.  I'm not clear on the reporting guidelines for a CA that is paid before it's sent to the CRA?  Against all advice I'll probably have to initiate the negotiations over the phone to save time.  Hopefully some of this makes sense!  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.