cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical CA, the OC purchased by St. Mary's?!

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Medical CA, the OC purchased by St. Mary's?!

I have a CA from a small medical practice that was purchased by St. Mary's.  I wanted to start the HIPAA process, so should I contact St. Mary's and see if they still have my information on file?! What is my plan of action if its no where in their records, a dispute? The CA has sent me verification of the debt, under the original creditors name... I can pay in full, which is why I want to the HIPAA process, asap. So frustrating. Thanks for any insight!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical CA, the OC purchased by St. Mary's?!

PM Sent....

Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

We are precluded from discussing the HIPAA process on myFICO. 

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 3 of 8
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Gdale6 has informed me. Smiley Happy thanks.
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 4 of 8
babychick02

Not a HIPPA violation issue. You just need to pay the bill and arrange for deletion when you do.

Message 5 of 8
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

+1
Message 6 of 8
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

@babychick02 wrote:

Not a HIPPA violation issue. You just need to pay the bill and arrange for deletion when you do.

The CA is not going for a PFD. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 7 of 8
babychick02

Try the OC (even the new one) and see if they will work with a deletion. ....but all said and done a paid collection is better than an outstanding balance for your credit scores, and time lessens the impact on the score.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.