Established Member
sdmac99

Medical Collection Previously Paid - What is the best way to proceed?

Hi All!

This is a great forum, and I have learned so much.  I need your advice.

My DW has a small medical collection on her CR dating back to 2003.  It came from a doctor, but the OC was actually reflected as a medical company that we did not recognize as it was not the doctor or office we typically paid.  I should have addressed it at the time, but I didn't.  Live and learn.  Multiple small doctor bills were combined into one total and sent to the CA, Merchants and Medical Credit.  When they sent us a letter with the amount, I did not recognize the amount or OC.  It progressed to a collection status, and they then gave me the doctor name, amounts, etc.  Then it all made sense to me.  I immediately paid them ($102), but they still hit the DW CR, and it is showing paid.  It is her only deregatory item.

I faxed them a GW, but have not received any response or change on the CR.  I called them today, and received a flat out "no" on removing it from the CR.  I did dig up the President's name online.  Should I address a GW to him directly?  Has anybody had any experience with this company?  Is there anything else I can do to try and get this removed?

Thanks for your help!  :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
sl

Re: Medical Collection Previously Paid - What is the best way to proceed?

If you have the name of the president of the company, I would send the letter to him.
Established Member
sdmac99

Thanks for the reply - I am going to give it a shot.  I guess I have nothing to lose.  If it doesn't work, I may even go back to the doctor to see if they can pressure the CA to remove it to keep a happy customer. 
Angie10

If you have the president's name to Merchants&Medical, please let me know. I'm trying to get them to remove a CO acct for a storage company who is no longer in business.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+