Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection--UGH--UPDATE

tag
guardmama04
New Contributor

Medical Collection--UGH--UPDATE

I just has a collection pop up on my credit from ARS Account Resolution for $228. Should I DV right away?? I have had communication with Memorial Herman but this is showing for an account from an orginal debtor of ACS Primary Care Physicians SW and when I looked them up online there office number is "closed"--I just don't know what this payment is for--the one to memorial herman is like $580. I looked up ARS Account Resolution online and they clearly state that they don't do deletions on CR's after payment. This is gonna really give my score a DING...any help please??

I got two letters by email today, one stating a PIF and one with a DELETION of this account from all 3 Credit agencys!!

In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
First car lease $370 month August 2013
Signed First Mortgage August 2013
Starting Score: 581 EQ
Current Score: 658 EQ
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical Collection--UGH

Message 2 of 6
DRE123

My wife had a problem with them. She had never been to a memorial Herman or around one. Apparently they had a patient that had the same name, and when she was in reachable, they looked in the system and just picked a name that matched. Watch them, and if u don't think it's yours, call them ASAP.
Message 3 of 6
guardmama04
New Contributor

Thank you for the replies, I have spoken with a representative & made arrangements for payment as this was for the physician that saw me in an emergency room. In return a supervisor did agree to delete this account from my credit and is sending me a letter to verify, I usually do not trust over the phone confirmation of deletion BUT I felt really good about it and am just waiting on the letter return. The representative was extremely helpful and understanding, I am happy I called.

In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
Message 4 of 6
akw1999

I know this thread is really old, but I actually have the same collection company to show up on my credit report as well. I called the collection agency and they also told me that they would remove the collection when I pay the debt. I am not very trusting of these collection agencies at all. Can you tell me if they actually deleted the collection?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could update me on if they actually followed through.

Thank you

Message 5 of 6
guardmama04
New Contributor

Yes the agency did delete the account, I had to beg them but since I was willing to pay the amount and was in the process of buying a home they agreed. I also got a letter from them with the deletion update. Good Luck!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.