Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection ... Unsure which direction to go

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection ... Unsure which direction to go

I have a medical collection listed on 2 credit reports.  I called the OC  & requested they recall the bill,  was told it was more than likely archived, they do not have any record of a bill in their system, and to deal with the CA.  Can I dispute this and have it removed from my reports?  Sent a PFD to Frost-Arnett w/no response.  I'm in GA and the SOL is either 4 or 6 years. 

FROST ARNET
Agency Address: 480 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 372191212
(615) 256-7156
Date Reported: 09/2014
Date Assigned: 08/2010
Creditor Classification:
Creditor Name: ATLANTA HEART ASSOCIATES PC
Accounts Number: 1460XXXX
Account Owner: Individual Account.
Original Amount Owned: $289
Date of 1 st Delinquency: 06/2009
Balance Date: 09/2014
Balance Owned: $289
Last Payment Date : N/A
Status Date: 09/2014
Comments: Medical

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collection ... Unsure which direction to go

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a medical collection listed on 2 credit reports.  I called the OC  & requested they recall the bill,  was told it was more than likely archived, they do not have any record of a bill in their system, and to deal with the CA.  Can I dispute this and have it removed from my reports?  Sent a PFD to Frost-Arnett w/no response.  I'm in GA and the SOL is either 4 or 6 years. 

FROST ARNET
Agency Address: 480 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 372191212
(615) 256-7156
Date Reported: 09/2014
Date Assigned: 08/2010
Creditor Classification:
Creditor Name: ATLANTA HEART ASSOCIATES PC
Accounts Number: 1460XXXX
Account Owner: Individual Account.
Original Amount Owned: $289
Date of 1 st Delinquency: 06/2009
Balance Date: 09/2014
Balance Owned: $289
Last Payment Date : N/A
Status Date: 09/2014
Comments: Medical

Welcome to the forums.

What would be the basis for any dispute?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dr's office cannot find record of a bill that is owed to them, therefore, I do not have proof that I owe this bill.

Message 3 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The dr's office cannot find record of a bill that is owed to them, therefore, I do not have proof that I owe this bill.

I hope this works out for you.

Message 4 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Call the CA.  Ask for dates of service, etc.  Don't be afraid to call collection agencies.  If you dispute, and it comes back verified (very likely in eq and ex), it lowers your score.  They most likely sold (I'm dealing with agency that actually does transfer) the debt, which is why doctor doesn't have records.  Do google search on hipaa process (whychat), get informed BEFORE disputing.  You have other options prior to disputing, such as bbb and cfpb, but you need your ducks in a row before.

Personally, I didn't have all my ducks in row, so paid some small collections off I didn't end up owing.  Waiting for last letters proving charity care, then TU will be clean.  Tis why I want you to RESEARCH, including your medical insurance company, and balance billing laws in your state, BEFORE disputing.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is most likely too late to send a timely DV.  When was dunning notice sent?

As for a dispute, you would have to at least assert that you dont owe the debt. 

Unlike a DV, the consumer must assert in inaccuraracy and some basis for their assertion.

It appears that the debt is not contested, and that a dispute would be based only the possibility that they dont have archived records.

Can you assert that the debt is not valid?  If not, then a dispute would not, in my opinion, be appropriate.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have moved 3 times in the last couple of years. I do not recall receiving anything, however, in all of the craziness it could've been missed.  I sent a PFD and wish they would just respond, I could pay it, have it deleted, and be done with the whole thing.  I'll keep sending PFD's.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.