cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection back after Hippa Letter #1 had removed, Need Advice?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collection back after Hippa Letter #1 had removed, Need Advice?

Now, send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter to EQ CM (no RR, this is the only letter in the HIPAA process where you will not send it CMRRR) and wait up to 35 days for the results of their investigation. Be sure to follow the staionary and font guidelines in the link below. If your med collection is deleted, you're finished. Make a hard copy of your report showing there is NO collection and save it. If not, post your results before continuing with the HIPAA process.

PRE-HIPAA MEDICAL DISPUTE LETTER

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused....

Do I have to wait until my creditors receive the Opt-out from all creditors letter before I mail the Pre-Hipaa letter #1???  I'm a little confused if I have to wait for the letters to be received before I mail the Letter 1 CM.

Thanks for your help!
Message 12 of 29
fused
Moderator Emeritus

It's best to have confirmation that you have opted-out with your creditors before proceeding with the HIPAA process.
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I'm understanding correctly, I'll receive written confirmation from my creditors that I've opted-out when I send them the opt out from creditors letter and then I can proceed to mail the pre-hipaa letter? 

Sorry, exhausted from long day @ work and brain running on fumes Smiley Surprised
Message 14 of 29
fused
Moderator Emeritus

fiskite wrote:
So if I'm understanding correctly, I'll receive written confirmation from my creditors that I've opted-out when I send them the opt out from creditors letter and then I can proceed to mail the pre-hipaa letter? 

Sorry, exhausted from long day @ work and brain running on fumes Smiley Surprised

You should receive a written confirmation from your creditors. Please look at the letter I posted in this thread mentioning this.
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, and I do apologize, but I'm just beginning a HIPAA thing (have the pre-HIPAA letter ready to go out). 

When opting out with "all creditors", does this include the CA and the OC (hospital in my case)?  Also, do they HAVE to send confirmation that they received/honored the opt out?

Thanks, not trying to hijack this in any way, shape or form

Message 16 of 29
raine22
Regular Contributor

Fused,

I sent the Pre-Hippa Letter again to EQ on 9/11/08.  I got the green card back where they signed for it on 9/13/08 and as of yet I haven't heard anything or seen a change on my report.  I do have a saved copy of the report (actually 2) where they deleted the UCB paid medical collection and also where they added it back on.

In the meantime, from the Scenario #3 Alt. DV Med Collection letter to the CA (sent to UCB).  They have sent me a letter dated 9/16/08 stating this:

This letter is to serve as a receipt of your payment in full on the above mentioned account.  This receipt is only good for the above mentioned account.  Any other account you may have with our office may still be due and payable.

This is an attempt to collect a debt by U C B, Inc., a debt collector, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

I'm not sure what my next step should be or do I still continue to wait to see if EQ responds from my sending them the (2nd) Pre-Hippa Letter?

I also have a copy of the paid receipt from the OC signed by them.

It's getting confusing!! lol  

Message Edited by raine22 on 09-23-2008 06:25 AM
Message 17 of 29
raine22
Regular Contributor

Fused?
Message 18 of 29
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm confused by the CA's response. Did the CA provide you with a complete and accurate validation of the account?  Did you send the CRA a copy of the Alt DV letter and the green card for it along with your follow-up dispute? Were you notified by the CRA about this collection being re-inserted on your report?
Message 19 of 29
raine22
Regular Contributor

"Now, send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter to EQ CM (no RR, this is the only letter in the HIPAA process where you will not send it CMRRR) and wait up to 35 days for the results of their investigation. Be sure to follow the staionary and font guidelines in the link below. If your med collection is deleted, you're finished. Make a hard copy of your report showing there is NO collection and save it. If not, post your results before continuing with the HIPAA process. "

Fused, this was what you last told me to do once they re-added the collection back onto my report at EQ.  I resent the pre-Hippa dispute letter to EQ CM as you stated.

I'm confused by the CA's response. Did the CA provide you with a complete and accurate validation of the account?  Did you send the CRA a copy of the Alt DV letter and the green card for it along with your follow-up dispute? Were you notified by the CRA about this collection being re-inserted on your report?

The only thing I received from UCB CA was the letter stating this:

This letter is to serve as a receipt of your payment in full on the above mentioned account.  This receipt is only good for the above mentioned account.  Any other account you may have with our office may still be due and payable.

This is an attempt to collect a debt by U C B, Inc., a debt collector, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

I have heard nothing from EQ since I re-sent the pre-Hippa letter as you stated above and they signed for it on 9/12/08.  This is where I am today.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.