Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection

I had a small $101 medical collection which I handled via the much talked about HIPPA process - unfortunately I haven't had any results from that so I disputed it with the CRA's.  Despite the bill being paid with the original Medical creditor the dispute came back verified with me still owing the balance. 

Any suggestions?? Thanks Community! :-)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collection

I'm just a newbie, so take my advice with a grain of salt. However, I had this experience once and I called in the dispute instead of doing it online. The rep had me fax her what I had in writing from the OC documenting PIF. A month later, it was removed completely. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already paid them, I am not sure if you have any leverage to get them to move on your behalf?  The best you can do is attempt to get a goodwill from the creditor to remove it from the credit bureau?  Keep contacting the doctor, hospital,etc and see if you can get a higher up to help you.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideally I'd like to get it removed but at the very least it needs to be reported as paid.  It came back verified - unpaid. The OC told me they would notify the agency.  I guess that hasn't happened.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best bet would be to find a copy of that payment through your bank or through the original provider if it was cash.  I have had a couple medical collections pop up that I knew for a fact were paid.  Soon as I sent in my payment info to the CRA's they were removed.  I am sick of medical collections and wish they wouldn't be an aspect in credit reports.  I am also battling one and waiting on info to prove it was mine.  The CA isn't willing to PFD or anything which is just silly.  My last step has been to send them DV (debt validtion) letter and have demanded they send me proof of the fraudulent claim.  The medical provider said I don't owe anything and nothing was turned over to collections to their knowledge.  I can't get them to give me that statement in writing.  SOOOOO frustrating!!

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a small $101 medical collection which I handled via the much talked about HIPPA process - unfortunately I haven't had any results from that so I disputed it with the CRA's.  Despite the bill being paid with the original Medical creditor the dispute came back verified with me still owing the balance. 

Any suggestions?? Thanks Community! :-)

We cannot discuss the HIPAA Process on this forum so what I gather is you paid the bill to the OC, they were going to info their CA that it was paid and that has not yet happened so you disputed it with the CRAs and its still showing as unpaid. This is what I would do, send a GW letter to the reporting CA along with a copy of the paid receipt asking that it be deleted from your CRs. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.