Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection

tag
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Medical Collection

Hi Everyone! I understand we can not discuss how to handle medical collections on the forum. I have two medical debts from 08 which are small amounts. I'm applying for a house, and I was told if I paid them that I would be okay to get a home. The collections state they are from the hospital...hospital said they don't have them in their records anymore but I don't see any collection agency that has the debt. 

Would you recommend a DV or should I try a PFD?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical Collection

With no CA reporting, you can't do a DV. 

If the OC doesn't have your information, a PFD could be hard to do.

Where did you get your reports?

We can't discuss the HIPAA process, we can discuss medical collections.

Message 2 of 5
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

They were ran a few days ago at my bank for my mortgage...Kroll Factual Data Bureau Express is what I have here. Very confused how to proceed! 

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you haven't done so, get your free reports from annualcreditreports.com.  There may be more information on those,

The only thing I can think of is a direct dipute to the OC under the FCRA.  They have to investigate and respond within 30 days.  It puts the burden on them.

Message 4 of 5
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

You don't think a PFD would be wise at this stage? I don't mind paying the amounts (both around $100), I just want it off my credit Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.