Frequent Contributor
tullz85

Medical Collection

Hi Everyone! I understand we can not discuss how to handle medical collections on the forum. I have two medical debts from 08 which are small amounts. I'm applying for a house, and I was told if I paid them that I would be okay to get a home. The collections state they are from the hospital...hospital said they don't have them in their records anymore but I don't see any collection agency that has the debt. 

Would you recommend a DV or should I try a PFD?

guiness56

Re: Medical Collection

[ Edited ]

With no CA reporting, you can't do a DV. 

If the OC doesn't have your information, a PFD could be hard to do.

Where did you get your reports?

We can't discuss the HIPAA process, we can discuss medical collections.

Frequent Contributor
tullz85

They were ran a few days ago at my bank for my mortgage...Kroll Factual Data Bureau Express is what I have here. Very confused how to proceed! 

guiness56

[ Edited ]

If you haven't done so, get your free reports from annualcreditreports.com.  There may be more information on those,

The only thing I can think of is a direct dipute to the OC under the FCRA.  They have to investigate and respond within 30 days.  It puts the burden on them.

Frequent Contributor
tullz85

You don't think a PFD would be wise at this stage? I don't mind paying the amounts (both around $100), I just want it off my credit :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+