Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection

I have 2 medical collections, both of which I do owe, both are also dated 01/03 and reported 03/03. Has not updated since 03/03. They total about $100.00. Should I pay these off now, or will this damage my score further? Help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collection

Please see the link in my signature regarding medical collections.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it 1 of 2 ways.  Do Not contact the CA!!!

!)  pay it (each is separate)   make the check payable to each OC (if both are with the same OC...separate checks with the account #s on each)    Use the restrictive endorsement!!

When they cash the check    start the HIPAA process

OR

Start the process and pay the OC with the OC letter   using the correct insert!!

The HIPAA process must be started at the biginning and continue using each step!!  Do not skip a step!

Remem each account is done seperate.......If both are with the same OC...separate checks & paperwork.  They can be mailed in the same envelope.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=27537

Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-01-2008 08:29 PM
Message 3 of 6
AdPray123
New Contributor

I would first try having the collections deleted. Send a pay for delete letter asking them to delete the information from your credit report in exchange for payment. I did this recently and got confirmation letters from 2 different agencies (one being medical) that they will remove it. Since they are both nearing SOL, this may work. Otherwise, paying it will still keep it on your report for another 2 years.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collections are not the same as other collections....You do not send a PFD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only paid collections must be deleted!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I've followed the medical collection process for a small collection ($43).  I sent the HIPPA letter to the OC using insert (a) and a PIF check.  That was three weeks ago and the OC has not cashed the check. 

Should I call them and ask them why they haven't cashed it, or am I being too impatient and would be best to wait longer? 

Thank you, your assistance and education are invaluable.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.