Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection

Hi so after alot of hard work finally got my credit scores at 700 and found out tonight on myfico eq report that a bill from from radilogy consultants that is now owned by first financial asset with  a balance of 400 bucks that I still owe from a visit to hospital few months ago. My score dropped 40 points tonight with it being added in collections. So should I just go ahead and pay the balance of with my credit card and what do I need to do once its paid off to get it off my report as a collection?I dotn want it to be on my report for 7 years after all the hard work getting cc taking care of. Really hard work and now this. Very upsetting with these medical collections

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collection

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi so after alot of hard work finally got my credit scores at 700 and found out tonight on myfico eq report that a bill from from radilogy consultants that is now owned by first financial asset with  a balance of 400 bucks that I still owe from a visit to hospital few months ago. My score dropped 40 points tonight with it being added in collections. So should I just go ahead and pay the balance of with my credit card and what do I need to do once its paid off to get it off my report as a collection?I dotn want it to be on my report for 7 years after all the hard work getting cc taking care of. Really hard work and now this. Very upsetting with these medical collections

If its only been a few months they are likely working for the hospital, pretty rare a JDB will buy a medical debt. Good luck Smiley Happy

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mesn by step 2 about sending the reported collection agency which is eq a pfd offer?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mesn by step 2 about sending the reported collection agency which is eq a pfd offer?

The CA is  first financial asset they are the ones trying to collect on the debt. The PFD offer goes to them if its necessary. EQ is a credit reporting agency (CRA).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.