Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections Assistance Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collections Assistance Needed

I am currently setup under a payment plan for a medical account to avoid it being sent to collections.  The same physician's office has previously sent bills to collections resulting in about 3 or 4 collection accounts being listed on my credit report from the same agency.  I sent a letter requesting validation from the collection agency and they have responded.  I've also attempted to get them removed with no luck from the bureaus.  I'm not disputing...they are valid and I am willing to pay.  I even thought about doing a PFD with the agency.  However, I got to thinking.  I am going to call the physician's office Monday and see if they are willing to pull the accounts from collections and add the balance due to my current payment plan until I've paid everything back that I owe.

Here's the question:  If they are willing to pull the accounts back, how does this affect my credit report?  Will the collection agency have to remove the collection accounts from my credit reports because the debt is no longer with them?  Or, is there some type of arrangement I will have to make with the physician's office? 

I want to make sure all of my ducks are in a row in case they say yes.  I don't want to pay on these accounts and my credit still remains stuck with all the collection accounts.

Any feedback/guidance is appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collections Assistance Needed

if the doctor's office will recall the collections then the CA must delete their entries from your reports as they no longer have collection authority. If they will not recall the collections then you can google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collections Assistance Needed

Thanks! I think I'm going to go the HIPPA route first, before attempting to tamper with my current payment plan. I might be able to stop this agency, I've already got validation communication going with them.

I remember researching this before but could t find the info. Your Google search string worked perfectly!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.