Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections Course of Action

tag
finallyawake
Established Member

Medical Collections Course of Action

Hello All,

I have 4 medical collections currently being held by JP Recovery Services. I am pretty sure there all my debts. So I want to send them a PFD letter my question is with these balances would it be okay to negotiate a percentage or just cough all the full balance on each account.

Account Balances:

1. 292

2. 138

3. 240

4. 91

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical Collections Course of Action

If they will delete for a settlement I would go that route.  If they are all at the same CA see if you can settle all the debts for one amount.

Message 2 of 5
finallyawake
Established Member

Should I offer an amount in my PFD letter. This is one collection agency and they are not making any attempts to contact me but I want to have these things removed from my CR

Message 3 of 5
Miscellamy
Contributor

I am very new here, so please bear that in mind (and by all means, defer to the more experienced members). 

That said, I had a reported unpaid medical collection held by JP Recovery. I called them at the number listed on my CR and found them very responsive. (In my case, their internal system showed that I had paid the debt that they were reporting as unpaid; perhaps that's why they were so cooperative). In any event, they deleted the trade line very quickly -- this was about two weeks ago, and it's already off my CR. 

Anyway, I know that anecdotal evidence isn't worth a whole lot. But I'm wondering if it might not be worth just calling. Negotiations are generally easier when you can communicate in real time. Any thoughts from the voices of experience? 

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you know it is your debt and the end result you would like is a deletion, there is nothing wrong with calling them and asking.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.