Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections. Please Advise!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collections. Please Advise!!!

Hello everyone. I need some help. I have been using this site for the last three or so years trying to undo the damage I did to my credit as a teenager. I got my credit back from the low 500's to the 690's. But now I'm back down to 644 because I got hit with two medical collections resulting from an automobile crash I was in. I was in the accident and of course the bills came in. But I forwarded them to my car insurance company and assumed they paid them. Next thing I know I get two letters that were saying that if I didn't pay the balance, one for like $550 and another for $250, that they would send me to collections. Now never having been in a car accident I thought the insurance company took care of this as I pay for full coverage. I am pissed. I worked really hard to get where I was headed and feel like I've failed. 

Can you guys help me figure out what to do? ? ? 

Can I get these deleted from my CR if I PIF? ? ?

If so what steps do I take? ? ?

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Collections. Please Advise!!!

Are they reported to all 3?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. I haven't pulled my EQ or TU from here yet. I just know that my scorewatch alerted me to the hit. 

Message 3 of 6
RW771
Frequent Contributor

I would check all 3 of my reports and see which one(s) are reporting. If you haven't already used your free annul reports, pull them. After that, I would definitely try and work out some sort of PFD, especially if you are going to PIF. I'd try and get something in writing as well, in case they don't follow through you'd have something to fall back on and send to the CRA's.

That's what I would do...GL!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I used my free annual credit report and the medical collections are showing up on the EQ and TU but not EX. So now what do I do? Deal with the hospital directly to arrange for PFD or the CA? ? ? Also I noticed that my CapOne account isn't accurately showing my CL. Its saying $700 when its actually $1750. Do I do something about that too? If so what?

Thanks for the help so far and for any more I can get! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Did you just get an increase on the cap one account?  If not I would contact cap one about their incorrect reporting.

On the medical collections I would send the hipaa letter to TU and EQ then wait and see how they respond

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.