Valued Member
michellewaves

Medical Collections Question

I think I messed up.

I had a medical collection, which was unpaid, but showed as closed on my credit report.

Next thing I know, right before I contact them about paying, they contact me.  So, I call them back, they never returned my call but I got a bill in the mail, saying they were going to send it to the legal department and report it on my credit report if I didn't pay.  So I paid.

My question is, this second bill I got is for the same original debt, but different account numbers.

If the closed collection account is showing up on my credit report, can I follow the HIPPA letter writing process to get it off, even if it's not the account number I paid?  It's the same original debt, but I didn't pay that one, I paid the second one (which was higher, because of interest).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+