cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections, no proof of account!

tag
Michael982
Contributor

Medical Collections, no proof of account!

I have a medical collections bill of $1400. It was from 2008 and it should of been paid since the hospital had a lean on my car wreck settlement, so they got paid first. Well I recieved the bill from the collections agency and decided to call the original creditor and see whats going on. Well the original creditor said its been purged from the system. Apparently when an item gets too old they purge and reuse the account number, so technically there is no proof of this from the original creditor. I disputed it with Equifax and it came back as verified. What should I do now, send the CA a DV?? I know they would have a hard time proving it so i though I might even call them and ask them to verify with the OC since its been paid..

Freedom$6,000 CSP$11,000 IT$4,000 BCE$16,200 SallieMae$5,000 NFCU$14,000 Macys$1,000 United$5,000

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collections, no proof of account!

@Michael982 wrote:

I have a medical collections bill of $1400. It was from 2008 and it should of been paid since the hospital had a lean on my car wreck settlement, so they got paid first. Well I recieved the bill from the collections agency and decided to call the original creditor and see whats going on. Well the original creditor said its been purged from the system. Apparently when an item gets too old they purge and reuse the account number, so technically there is no proof of this from the original creditor. I disputed it with Equifax and it came back as verified. What should I do now, send the CA a DV?? I know they would have a hard time proving it so i though I might even call them and ask them to verify with the OC since its been paid..

Send the CA a DV and also include in it a request of accounting from the OC, if the CA was just collecting for the OC it should drop. I would also contact your ins co to get copy of payment from them. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.