Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
owensgirl10
Established Member

Medical Collections

Hey again everyone!!  Smiley Happy

Another question, I have 2 accounts w/an "Alliance Collection Service."  They are nominal balances $60 & $144.  I contacted the CA, because I honestly had no idea what they were.  After speaking w/a rep, I learned the name of the OC, however I DIDN'T verify/acknowledge that the debt was mine.  I did ask if they would be willing to remove from my CR if  I paid in full.

I got the infamous, "hold on let me check w/my manager...".  After a few moments, she comes back to the line and says they would be willing to delete only because their records show that they have NEVER contacted me.  BUT...how it works is:

1.  I pay them (over the phone w/card, or via moneygram/western union--says they are unable to take money orders/cashiers checks/personal checks)

2.  AFTER, I pay them...I dispute the information with the CRAs, that I paid the debt before it went to collections and within 30-31 days, it would be deleted because the CA would not respond to the dispute.

I've read several posts here and on various sites that are adamant about getting agreements in writing.  I want to believe the lady simply because she told me EXACTLY what reason to use to dispute, but on the other hand....CA are out to get their money....everyone knows that.  So, with nothing in writing, what would stop them from responding to the dispute and just updating the collection to paid???

HELP.....what should I do??

Starting Score: 05/12: myFICO=493, TU=494 EX=549, CK=495, CS=534, Quizzle=552
Current Score: 06/06/12: myFICO=493, TU=606, CK TRANSRISK=511, EX=549, CS=563, Quizzle=552
Goal Score: Short Term=580. Long Term=775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Collections

@owensgirl10 wrote:

Hey again everyone!!  Smiley Happy

Another question, I have 2 accounts w/an "Alliance Collection Service."  They are nominal balances $60 & $144.  I contacted the CA, because I honestly had no idea what they were.  After speaking w/a rep, I learned the name of the OC, however I DIDN'T verify/acknowledge that the debt was mine.  I did ask if they would be willing to remove from my CR if  I paid in full.

I got the infamous, "hold on let me check w/my manager...".  After a few moments, she comes back to the line and says they would be willing to delete only because their records show that they have NEVER contacted me.  BUT...how it works is:

1.  I pay them (over the phone w/card, or via moneygram/western union--says they are unable to take money orders/cashiers checks/personal checks)

2.  AFTER, I pay them...I dispute the information with the CRAs, that I paid the debt before it went to collections and within 30-31 days, it would be deleted because the CA would not respond to the dispute.

I've read several posts here and on various sites that are adamant about getting agreements in writing.  I want to believe the lady simply because she told me EXACTLY what reason to use to dispute, but on the other hand....CA are out to get their money....everyone knows that.  So, with nothing in writing, what would stop them from responding to the dispute and just updating the collection to paid???

HELP.....what should I do??

Honestly it is totally up to you what you decide. 

You are also very correct that if you do not have something in writing you have no guarantee. You have to follow your gut in times like this. 

They are small debts and in reality even if they didn't remove them why would you want a manual review by any underwriter wondering why you didn't pay a bill for $60 or $144.  

Hopefully what ever you decide to do works out for you and is taken care of with the best results possible.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
owensgirl10
Established Member

Re: Medical Collections

Thanks!  I think I will try my luck with the dispute.  These are recent collections, do you think it would be better to contact the OC to see if they still had the debt?

Starting Score: 05/12: myFICO=493, TU=494 EX=549, CK=495, CS=534, Quizzle=552
Current Score: 06/06/12: myFICO=493, TU=606, CK TRANSRISK=511, EX=549, CS=563, Quizzle=552
Goal Score: Short Term=580. Long Term=775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.