Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
gambleforlove04
Established Member

Medical Collections

So my hubby received a medical bill for $20 a while back.  I kept telling him to pay it and he forgot and it went to collections.  I called UPMC Physician Services and paid it with them.  Does the CA have to remove it from his credit report? UPMC is not reporting it at all.

Starting Score (6/27/2012): TU:543 EQ:501 EX:535
Current Score (7/22/2015): TU:615 EQ:585 EX:606
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical Collections

No.

Payment of debt that resulted in prior reporting of adverse information does not negate the fact of the adverse information, and is not basis for compelling CR deletion.

Message 2 of 6
gambleforlove04
Established Member

Oops!  Is there anything I can do now to get it removed?  I tried to PFD with the agency before I called UPMC and they said no multiple times.

Starting Score (6/27/2012): TU:543 EQ:501 EX:535
Current Score (7/22/2015): TU:615 EQ:585 EX:606
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Have to tried talking to the CA,since you paid the OC?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@gambleforlove04 wrote:

Oops!  Is there anything I can do now to get it removed?  I tried to PFD with the agency before I called UPMC and they said no multiple times.

I don't know if this will work, but you could try sending a GW letter to UPMC stating that you paid this $20 balance to them already and it is showing as a collection. As them to GW pull this account back from the CA since it is already paid.

Message 5 of 6
novabama
Frequent Contributor

+1 to bahbahd that it what I was thinking too, just call them or mail them and see if they'll pull back from the CA since you paid it and it doesn't seem like it's too old. GL!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.