cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
Mtgrizgirl

Medical Collections

Someone once told me medical collections don't count. I think I was a bit nieive back then. As of Sep o 2012 I have paid all my collections that were being reported. I have yet to pull a credit report for fear they are not updated. This is all new and scary to me. I think it's time to write some GW letters.

Also I have a B of A charge off/paid do I have to write GW letters or am I being nieive agin in that it's something that falls off your credit after 7 years....
Starting Score: 08/2012 myFico EQ616
Updated: 02/2013 myFico EQ646

Current Goal: 700
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collections

@Mtgrizgirl wrote:
Someone once told me medical collections don't count. I think I was a bit nieive back then. As of Sep o 2012 I have paid all my collections that were being reported. I have yet to pull a credit report for fear they are not updated. This is all new and scary to me. I think it's time to write some GW letters.

Also I have a B of A charge off/paid do I have to write GW letters or am I being nieive agin in that it's something that falls off your credit after 7 years....

Medical collections do count. Per FICO, the damage is equal whether $0 or $10,000. 

Only write GWs after you pull your report and confirmed that 1) they still report, and 2) they report $0. Likewise with BofA, send a GW. If you don't do anything or if they don't fall off early, then they'll report for 7-7.5 years from the date of first delinquency.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.