Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
redwings2013
Established Member

Medical Collections

1 have a medical collection that is showing up on my Experian credit report which is is not mine.  Long story short it is a bill for my daughter who was over 18 at the time (I did not guarnatee the account but they threw it on my anyway)l.  They also overbilled her which is a different issue.

Anyway, instead of fighting them at the time (should have, big mistake waiting) it turned up on my credit report.  I have disputed it many times with Experian and it always comes back confirmed with no backup data whatsoever.  (TU and EQ deleted it)

Any ideas of what I should do to get it removed so I have leverage with the OC?  I am open to anything that will work.  I do have the money to pay it also, but its incorrectly billed.  The current bill is $399.

any help is appreciated.

Kevin

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mato01
Regular Contributor

Re: Medical Collections

I had a hospital bill be me for my 19 year old son for a emergency room visit (nothing serious),  and the charges (collections) ended up on my credit reports. I called the hospital and explained that my son was over 18 and of legal age and that the bills where his responsibility even if he did give them my information. And, unless they could show me a signed authorization for the charges, they needed to remove all the collections. They called me back a couple days later and told me they would remove ...... and shortly after they were off all the reports.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 2 of 3
redwings2013
Established Member

Re: Medical Collections

Thank you very much for your reply.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.