Established Member
XKM

Medical Collections

Hi Everyone,

I have 5 medical bills that went into collections because at the time, I didn't have medical insurance.  I'm trying to fix my credit but I'm not sure where to start.  What should I do?  Will the drop off date occur in 2013?  Should I PFD? I copied my information below.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency was hired to collect a debt of $77 on account number 

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

$77
$0
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency was hired to collect a debt of $638 on account number 

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

$638
$763
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency was hired to collect a debt of $297 on account number 

$297
$0
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency  was hired to collect a debt of $77 on account number

$77
$91
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency  was hired to collect a debt of $154 on account number

$154
$154
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Established Member
KevinBlock55

Re: Medical Collections

Pay the ones you can and send a letter explaining you had believed insurance took care of it and deeply apologize. Theyre small enough that it should work..
Valued Contributor
rootpooty

Re: Medical Collections

The drop off date will be around this time in 2013.  7 yrs 180 days from DOFD.

I had about 7 medical collections on my reports.  Only one CA accepted PFD and the others I got removed via GW after I PIF the accounts.  CA's seem more leniant towards medical.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 3k | BOFA 123 3k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 1800 | Walmart 1450 | Buckle 300

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+