Mtgrizgirl

Medical Collections

Someone once told me medical collections don't count. I think I was a bit nieive back then. As of Sep o 2012 I have paid all my collections that were being reported. I have yet to pull a credit report for fear they are not updated. This is all new and scary to me. I think it's time to write some GW letters.

Also I have a B of A charge off/paid do I have to write GW letters or am I being nieive agin in that it's something that falls off your credit after 7 years....
Starting Score: 08/2012 myFico EQ616
Updated: 02/2013 myFico EQ646

Current Goal: 700
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Medical Collections

Mtgrizgirl wrote:
Someone once told me medical collections don't count. I think I was a bit nieive back then. As of Sep o 2012 I have paid all my collections that were being reported. I have yet to pull a credit report for fear they are not updated. This is all new and scary to me. I think it's time to write some GW letters.

Also I have a B of A charge off/paid do I have to write GW letters or am I being nieive agin in that it's something that falls off your credit after 7 years....

Medical collections do count. Per FICO, the damage is equal whether $0 or $10,000. 

Only write GWs after you pull your report and confirmed that 1) they still report, and 2) they report $0. Likewise with BofA, send a GW. If you don't do anything or if they don't fall off early, then they'll report for 7-7.5 years from the date of first delinquency.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+