Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collections

I have a question about how collection agencies report. I have two paid medical collections...one states opened on 9/2011 and the other 12/2013. I believe this is the date that the collection was assigned and not the date of service. How do I determine what the DOFD is as the OC is not reporting? Is this how medical collections work? These are only on my Experian report and Experian only shows dates opened and status date. Any help is appreciated!  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collections

Anyone? 

Message 2 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Give experian a call, they will tell you, though personally, I confirm dates with the ca and OC prior to paying. Tu, lists the dates of fall off, but since this is only on ex, then call, and ask for us rep if they can't figure it out, (worked for me).

PS, now, my ex is clean. Verified with sup at eq clean rest in dec and jan (yeah). Got a pesky RCI on tu that is breaking fcra and fdcpa rules for multi account collectors, but I will get to them in time (gardening is sweet).
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I will call today!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find out the dates of service. They are a year or so before the open date. How can they get away with that? Is this not a violation? Or does Experian not disclose this on the report?

Message 5 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Get them removed by using HIPPA PROCESS.  We cannot talk about it here, but you can google it.  TU removed every single one belong to my DH.

Message 6 of 11
Blessed221
Regular Contributor

Please pm me the Hippa info thanks

Message 7 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Blessed221 wrote:

Please pm me the Hippa info thanks

No PM, you need to google Hipaa (why chat) to find the info.

There is a lot of research involved to do it right.  Several hours at least.  Good luck.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 11
Blessed221
Regular Contributor

Thanks I  was promised PFD they updated settled account I sent a complaint today, so should I send the Hippa info

Message 9 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

No, dispute with CRA, giving dates of payment, date of phone conversation, and name of rep who promised deletion. At same time, start BBB complaint against the collection agency that was promised pay for delete. If paid OC, also start BBB complaint against them.

If you don't have that information, then you might be SOL. Your process for hipaa didn't go correctly, so you don't actually understand the process. You need more research, or a consumer attorney (at www.nac.net).
Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.