DirectSupportProfessional

Re: Medical Debt - Statute of Limitations question

I'm very, very for real.  It really screwed things up for me because I believed that, too, that if you were paying, you couldn't get sent to collections.  And, because I was just in there and they didn't say anything to me about sending part of it to collections.  I thought the CA that was calling me (and not leaving a message, just a number) was a scam because my work didn't give me a heads up that they were sending it to the CA.  As a result, I was behind on the payments before I even knew it was in collections.  I went to talk to our accounting department and the explanation was that I wasn't paying it off fast enough.  Now, heres's the thing.  It was February 2010 when I had my strokes so March and April when the tests were being done.  (I was actually misdiagnosed because the radiologist wrote the results of the MRI as "no infarction seen. " and then at the end of the report: "incidental infarction seen.  Infarction is another word for stroke.  So, he basically said "no stroke seen.  Incidental stroke seen.  I asked my doc "How could it be incidental when I lost the lower half of my vision????"  Had he diagnosed me correctly in the first place, I wouldn't have had to have the evaluations in May, June, and July .  But yup, they sent it to CA even though I was paying.  The balance in July was about 2000 and I was paying 50 bucks a month.  That was too slow.

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Lois5669

DirectSupportProfessional wrote:

I'm very, very for real.  It really screwed things up for me because I believed that, too, that if you were paying, you couldn't get sent to collections.  And, because I was just in there and they didn't say anything to me about sending part of it to collections.  I thought the CA that was calling me (and not leaving a message, just a number) was a scam because my work didn't give me a heads up that they were sending it to the CA.  As a result, I was behind on the payments before I even knew it was in collections.  I went to talk to our accounting department and the explanation was that I wasn't paying it off fast enough.  Now, heres's the thing.  It was February 2010 when I had my strokes so March and April when the tests were being done.  (I was actually misdiagnosed because the radiologist wrote the results of the MRI as "no infarction seen. " and then at the end of the report: "incidental infarction seen.  Infarction is another word for stroke.  So, he basically said "no stroke seen.  Incidental stroke seen.  I asked my doc "How could it be incidental when I lost the lower half of my vision????"  Had he diagnosed me correctly in the first place, I wouldn't have had to have the evaluations in May, June, and July .  But yup, they sent it to CA even though I was paying.  The balance in July was about 2000 and I was paying 50 bucks a month.  That was too slow.

Wow. I seriously thought as long as you were paying $5 a month they couldn't come after you like that on medical bills. That's messed up. I'm so sorry that happened to you!!

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Bmichael78

Same thing happened to me on the anesthesiologist bill to put in my dialysis access. I was paying $25/month and they sent it to collection

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+