cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Debt - Statute of Limitations question

Highlighted

Re: Medical Debt - Statute of Limitations question

I'm very, very for real.  It really screwed things up for me because I believed that, too, that if you were paying, you couldn't get sent to collections.  And, because I was just in there and they didn't say anything to me about sending part of it to collections.  I thought the CA that was calling me (and not leaving a message, just a number) was a scam because my work didn't give me a heads up that they were sending it to the CA.  As a result, I was behind on the payments before I even knew it was in collections.  I went to talk to our accounting department and the explanation was that I wasn't paying it off fast enough.  Now, heres's the thing.  It was February 2010 when I had my strokes so March and April when the tests were being done.  (I was actually misdiagnosed because the radiologist wrote the results of the MRI as "no infarction seen. " and then at the end of the report: "incidental infarction seen.  Infarction is another word for stroke.  So, he basically said "no stroke seen.  Incidental stroke seen.  I asked my doc "How could it be incidental when I lost the lower half of my vision????"  Had he diagnosed me correctly in the first place, I wouldn't have had to have the evaluations in May, June, and July .  But yup, they sent it to CA even though I was paying.  The balance in July was about 2000 and I was paying 50 bucks a month.  That was too slow.

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Frequent Contributor

DirectSupportProfessional wrote:

I'm very, very for real.  It really screwed things up for me because I believed that, too, that if you were paying, you couldn't get sent to collections.  And, because I was just in there and they didn't say anything to me about sending part of it to collections.  I thought the CA that was calling me (and not leaving a message, just a number) was a scam because my work didn't give me a heads up that they were sending it to the CA.  As a result, I was behind on the payments before I even knew it was in collections.  I went to talk to our accounting department and the explanation was that I wasn't paying it off fast enough.  Now, heres's the thing.  It was February 2010 when I had my strokes so March and April when the tests were being done.  (I was actually misdiagnosed because the radiologist wrote the results of the MRI as "no infarction seen. " and then at the end of the report: "incidental infarction seen.  Infarction is another word for stroke.  So, he basically said "no stroke seen.  Incidental stroke seen.  I asked my doc "How could it be incidental when I lost the lower half of my vision????"  Had he diagnosed me correctly in the first place, I wouldn't have had to have the evaluations in May, June, and July .  But yup, they sent it to CA even though I was paying.  The balance in July was about 2000 and I was paying 50 bucks a month.  That was too slow.

Wow. I seriously thought as long as you were paying $5 a month they couldn't come after you like that on medical bills. That's messed up. I'm so sorry that happened to you!!

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13

Same thing happened to me on the anesthesiologist bill to put in my dialysis access. I was paying $25/month and they sent it to collection
Message 13 of 13