Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Debt

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Medical Debt

I paid my one and only med collection off 2 weeks ago. I wasnt figuring much of a score boost if any, but I was expecting myfico to alert me that it was deleted. Is myfico  not reporting everything? It was e-oscared and came off with 72 hrs...but still no notification Smiley Sad(

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Debt

Collections do not get deleted unless the company does it to their discretion or if it was a PFD. Typically, they just update the amount owed to $0. It doesn't help the score unless the entire collection is deleted off your report Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 8
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

the ENTIRE collection was PIF and company e-oscared the deletion. The collection is OFF my report.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I see what you're saying. That's odd. I would probably give it a couple weeks then investigate if it doesn't change. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of collection accounts does not trigger a MyFICO alert. You'll have to wait for another change, such as credit card balances, to generate an alert and new score calc.

Message 5 of 8
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

guess I just thought that any activity would be reported weather a score increase or not. I had a new cc report the other day...no increase or decrease in score, but I got an alert for it  just reporting that it showed up on CR.

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

thankyou gdale....it says that myfic reports changes to public records and collection accounts....this was a medical collection, but still a "collection acct". Oh well, gonna have to be more patient I guess :/

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.