Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Debt

tag
Gmarius

Medical Debt

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping for a little help here. I had a medical procedure done in Feb and was making payments every month (as agreed upon by my docs office) and recently I got a letter from a collections agency. No I dont doubt that I owe the last $100 to the place, but I moved recently and didnt recieve a bill until a month later, but I did send a payment for Oct...which was debited from my account. I sent it after getting the last notice (all my mail got to my new place by this time). But they sent it to collections anyway. I even called the number they gave twice to speak to someone but no one returned my messages.

So do you think I can get them to remove it from my account?

This makes me more then a little pissed, since I ve been trying to clean up my credit. Another thing that was odd was the bill from the collections agency said to send the payment to the docs office? Thats not SOP is it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical Debt

Unfortunately the can still send it to collections whether you are in a payment arrangement or not.  Granted it is extremely poor business practice to do so.

Did you ever get to speak to someone?  It could have been in error.

Is the CA reporting or you only got a letter?

Message 2 of 4
Gmarius

I have a bill from Transworld systems. But it says to send the money to the billing dept of the OC...not to them. Isn't that a bit weird?

And no I called the billing dept again...third time, but no answer. I will try again tomorrow.
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sometimes creditors use a pre-collections service.  They ask for payment and if you pay,  it will not become a collections or be reported to the CRAs.

Yes, I would call them again tomorrow.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.