Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Deletion!!!!

tag
kaspinks
Established Member

Medical Deletion!!!!

I am so happy and relieved! After paying off a medical collection to the CA in November last year, i sent them 2 GW letters over the last couple of months. So today i pulled my Transunion report and my score had increased 12 points!! yayyyyyyy!!!! and that collection is GONE!!! However i am a bit confused. I have Scorewatch and have not received any alerts so i went ahead and purchased  todays EQ score and it increased by 24points with the collections gone!!!!! while i am very excited about this, i am confused why i didnt receive any scorewatch alerts.. has this happened to anyone else? This place is so awesome. i wish i would have found it sooner. Still working on trying to get a collection from Enhanced Recovery removed. 1 down, and 1 to go!!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Medical Deletion!!!!

@kaspinks wrote:

I am so happy and relieved! After paying off a medical collection to the CA in November last year, i sent them 2 GW letters over the last couple of months. So today i pulled my Transunion report and my score had increased 12 points!! yayyyyyyy!!!! and that collection is GONE!!! However i am a bit confused. I have Scorewatch and have not received any alerts so i went ahead and purchased  todays EQ score and it increased by 24points with the collections gone!!!!! while i am very excited about this, i am confused why i didnt receive any scorewatch alerts.. has this happened to anyone else? This place is so awesome. i wish i would have found it sooner. Still working on trying to get a collection from Enhanced Recovery removed. 1 down, and 1 to go!!!!

I recently sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery and they removed fairly quickly. They didn't respond, just stopped reporting.

Message 2 of 10
kaspinks
Established Member

i have already paid Enhanced Recovery.  Paid them back in November 2011. Now i am sending GW letters. have sent them 3 over the last several weeks. keeping my fingers crossed on them..

Message 3 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

@kaspinks wrote:

SW alerts unfortunately do not include any deletions off EQ. You have to make a pull to see the changes. SW only lets you know when new accouts start reporting, etc. etc.

Message 4 of 10
kjm79
Valued Contributor

To add to 2NE1's comments, that is correct.  You won't get an alert for a deletion.  Only changes in status on current account, new accounts, balance increases (not decreases), and inquiries.  You should also get alerts when you score changes but this varies depending on what your score settings are.  Some people set their alert to notify them when they reach a goal score of 720 or when their score qualifies them for a lower mortgage rate.  The best thing to do is set you score to your current score.  Then you will get an alert if it increases or drops even by one point. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 10
kaspinks
Established Member

"SW alerts unfortunately do not include any deletions off EQ. You have to make a pull to see the changes. SW only lets you know when new accouts start reporting, etc. etc."

Thanks for this info, but wouldn't it notify me that my score increased 24 points?

Message 6 of 10
kaspinks
Established Member

thanks kjm79. thats what i was trying to figure out. My SW settings does say that i will get an alert if my score changes to get a better rate but it did not notify me for some reason.

Message 7 of 10
kjm79
Valued Contributor

The 24 points might not have pushed you into a new "rate" bracket.  Now, SW can be slow to send out alerts and it does miss things.  The first place to start though is with your settings.  I try and allow every possible alert there is in an effort to catch everything.  Some of the alerts are redundant at times (like balance increased by $X and balance increased by X%), I'd still rather get a double alert, than no alert. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 8 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

To add to 2NE1's comments, that is correct.  You won't get an alert for a deletion.  Only changes in status on current account, new accounts, balance increases (not decreases), and inquiries.  You should also get alerts when you score changes but this varies depending on what your score settings are.  Some people set their alert to notify them when they reach a goal score of 720 or when their score qualifies them for a lower mortgage rate.  The best thing to do is set you score to your current score.  Then you will get an alert if it increases or drops even by one point. 

thanks for adding the thorough explanation! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
JonRun
Regular Contributor

I set my score watch to alert me when my score reaches 1 point higher than it already is. That way I don't miss any score changes.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.