cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Deletions Questions and credit card collections...PLEASE HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Deletions Questions and credit card collections...PLEASE HELP!

Hello!

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit.  I have 7 current collections on my credit and 5 of them are medical.  Two are for Collection Services of Nevada.  One is $112.00 and the other is $343.00.  I can pay these, however, they will not do a deletion letter.  I really want the deletion letter so that it can reflect on my credit that it is paid.  Will a Paid in Full suffice?  My second issue is that the one for $343.00 the doctor that I went to is either no longer alive or does not practice anymore (I just know his practice is closed).  Am I still obligated to pay this amount?

My other two collections I am having issues with as well.  I have two for National Business Factor in the amount of  $131.00 and $350.00.  My first problem is they will not take my payment because my husband also has a collection with them.  This collection is not showing up on my credit and I am just working on rebuilding mine at the moment before we go on to his.  What should I do about paying this collection?  Also, if they would take my payment they will not delete it.  How do I go about getting a deletion?  Should I just do a Paid in Full??

Lastly, I have a collections for $259.00 for Paragonway.  I have attempted numerous times to contact this agency to no avail.  Should I just dispute it online?  What will a dispute do to my credit?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Deletions Questions and credit card collections...PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

For Collection Svcs of NV, send Pay For Delete (PFD) letters. Sometimes it'll take several.

A "paid in full" remark after paying them won't have a positive or negative effect on a CA.

If concerned for the $343 as to whether the OC is still around, then try sending a DV letter to this CA first. It's not uncommon for a practice (and patients) to get sold to another practice.

For any reporting CAs, send a PFD. For any non-reporting CAs, modify the PFD to read as a "pay-for-not-reporting" type of agreement. I'll pay you $x in exchange for not reporting; please write back. Be more thorough than just a sentence but use the PFD as a template.

For Paragonway, send a DV. Use the address on your CR(s). If that address doesn't work, then look for a website. If that doesn't work, then check out 3rd-party source info like the BBB, state CA registration info, etc.

A dispute has no impact on CAs per FICO. If it is deleted, then that can be good (assuming they don't resell the debt), but I wouldn't suggest disputing, yet.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much I appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I also forgot to ask.....when I send the DV letter what happens if they do not reply?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.