cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Offices Merged but I'm Still Calling Them!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Offices Merged but I'm Still Calling Them!

My last collection to take care is a medical bill from a physical therapy BCBS deductible ($100).  At the time, I also had secondary insurance with Tricare.  I have found my check in paperwork for the physical therapy.  BOTH insurances are noted and I was not charged a dime... no co-pay, no anything... because they knew I had two insurance policies and it would be completely covered.

There is no way they could have ever billed Tricare.  I had the two insurance policies for three years and I have EOBs from several other doctors that show the appointments were PIF between the two carriers... never any expense for me.  The dang office never bills Tricare and never contacts me.  Instead, they send it to collections and I never hear from them either.  This happened back in 2004!!   

I'm getting all geared up to go in the therapy office and when I go onto their website I learn that they have merged with another orthopedic office and are under a new name.  Their payment policy CLEARLY states that all co-pays are due at appointment time.  I didn't pay one because they knew I wouldn't have one and I knew it too.  Well, I wouldn't have if they had billed properly. 

I'm divorced now and only have my policy, no more Tricare, except for my daughter.  I am going to try to find an e-mail address for them so I can send my initial paperwork that shows "no charge" and both insurance policies and remind them of their own policy. 

If that approach doesn't work, I will invoke the HIPAA process.  I hope they make this right the easy way. I'm wondering though... how accurate are their records since the merger?  Doesn't matter.  I just want to pay it and make it go away!  Nowritten PFD, no payment.  It's up to them. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.