Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Questions...Please Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Questions...Please Help

Hello! I have read the forums for a while now and have lots of sucess with all of the posts that I have read. I have improved my dh's credit tremously as we are trying to purchase a new home this year. We were hoping to buy within the next few months so I really need some advise for medical.

Well, first of all I do know that medical really isn't going to affect our ability to purchase a home. However, we have worked so hard on cleaning up his cr and, of course a new collection hit his cr in January which I know affected his score.

Question, a medical bill for services rendered to me is now reporting on his cr. The mortgage service said that we do not have to resolve that issue to get financed for a home, however I feel that this is dragging his scores down. Our goal is to get it deleted. It is only for 131.00, and we can pif. I have read and read and read the hippa process and still have a few questions about it.

1. Can they legally report my medical on his cr? (we live in tx) If not, how do I handle this for the fastest way of deleting?

2. If this is legal (our medical ins is through his work), should we just pif to get it resolved? He never signed any paperwork at the hospital, however it does show that he is the responsible party as it is through his work.

3. Which step would work best in our favor as we need this resolved quickly for score change.

4. If we pif to the oc (which I have talked to. They advised me to go through the ca, however I told them that I would not that I would only pay them. They said that they would accept payment, however they will not encourage the ca to delete and that I would have to dispute through the cra). With that being said, if we pif, I will pay the oc. Big question is, if pif, does the ca by law have to delete from his cr?

I appreciate anyone's help in advance! I am not trying to dodge them as far as paying as I can pif, however I do not feel that they should be reporting MY medical on his cr.

And also thanks so very much for all that post and answer on here as I have made so much progress in cleaning up his cr since Aug 08. I have been able with much persistance to have 14 collection accounts removed with the help of everyone here! Our plan was to purchase in 2010, however with the market as it is and the new credit for buyers, we want to jump on board while we can.

Thanks again!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Questions...Please Help

bump...any suggestions
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Questions...Please Help

I never recommend doing credit repair right before buying a house. Too many things can wrong. Find out what mortgage lenders will expect from you score wise and credit wise with reagrd to these med collections.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.