cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bill collections.

tag
Reyandanna

Medical bill collections.

New to this place. Forgive my initial mistakes.

I have some (4) old,UNPAID medical collections. They are not mine, the insurance was supposed to pay them and the rest was supposed to written off by the provider. We fought, we lost. they have not approached us regarding these bills for years. There are past SOL but not yet ready to drop off the CR. outside of the HIPAA thing(they are not paid off), what else can I do to remove them off the CR? I want to buy a house within the next few months. I understand that I may need to pay them off at closing which is not what I want to do. We are talking about $2,000 in total.

Should I try to get them verified through the CRA or contact the CA via a 623 letter? I do not want to reopen the SOL period. I'm stuck in between that grey after after SOL and the time before they drop off of the CR.

Tu 618 wanna move it up to 640 650. In the next few months. I figured removing the old collections will help. I am also trying to lower ultimate on rate from 65% to just under 50% in the next few weeks.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical bill collections.

Unless they are paid you are going to have a hard time getting them removed at all.

Who did you fight?  

If your utilization is at 65%, bringing it down to 50% isn't going to help much.  Getting it at 9% or below will give you a bigger boost.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.