cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bill collector site states they "are able" report to all 3 credit bureaus-True?

tag
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

Medical bill collector site states they "are able" report to all 3 credit bureaus-True?

ARS website states:

Please be advised that ARS Account Resolution Services is here to help you.  By choosing to make a payment on your account, ARS Account Resolution Services will be able to update the reported account balance to the three major Credit Bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) assuming that the payment has been received and processed.

By update do they mean making your balance as "paid in full"? Or are they implying they delete?

I'd like to pay if it results in immediate removal after payment (15 days or so)

That's what I've been asking in my pay to delete letters. However, if they state they already report to the agencies, is there a point of sending a PTD letter? 

I have 3 seperate bills from 1 hospitsl visit. I'm able to pay but don't want to risk them sitting on my credit report until 2017 like it currently says.

How did you get rid of your medical bill collection?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Medical bill collector site states they "are able" report to all 3 credit bureaus-True

In this case, think of the PFD being closer to a GW letter than a legal action letter.

Their stated policy reads as though they're just encouraging people to pay their debts so they can have a more favorable status -- not to FICO, but to the UW -- on the account.

Try for a PFD anyway and see what happens.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical bill collector site states they "are able" report to all 3 credit bureaus-True

They are stating nothing more than  what is required of them under the statute.

FCRA 623(a)(2) requires any party who has reported information to a CRA to promptly update that reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.

When you make a payment, they are required to promptly update the remaining balance under their collection.

Promptly usually is interpreted to mean in their next regular reporting, which is normally monthly.

Nothing in their blurb infers any deletion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.