Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bill in collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical bill in collections

So I missed a medical bill that went to collections. It's $136.  I called them today to try to pay for delete.  They refused.  Anyone have any ifeas on how to lessen the impact?  We got so many medical bills and paid them over the last six minths, i was worriied this may happen.  I missed one aingle oneSmiley Sad😡  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical bill in collections

Have you exhausted the ability to get the bill paid via insurance?

If you get the debt paid via insurance, the CRA will delete on its own under their new National Consumer Assistance Plan without any need for a PFD agreement from the debt collector.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have you exhausted the ability to get the bill paid via insurance?

If you get the debt paid via insurance, the CRA will delete on its own under their new National Consumer Assistance Plan without any need for a PFD agreement from the debt collector.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took the insurance company a while to pay it completely. But, yes, it is paid as much as they will pay. I am happy to pay it, but when i asked her to send me a letter in the mail so i can mail a check she refused and stated they sent one out in april and are not allowed to send another one for six months. BUT if i pay over the phone, they charge me an additional fee. The doctor's office is happy to take the payment directly, but then i don't know what heppens to the collection if i pay the doctor directly. That being said, i will admitt, i am a little peeved at the girl because when she refused my letter she stated in the same breath that this will Report each month until i do pay it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.