cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bill just put on credit report after 6 HELP!!!

tag
pixiefairy

Re: Medical bill just put on credit report after 6 HELP!!!

thanks for the information

Message 11 of 15
compassion101
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@pixiefairy wrote:

How do you Opt out?  Berks collections always handled this medical debt they had it on their records for the past 6 years it just so happens I had another collections account with them that I paid to get it off my credit report its frustrating because IM trying to clean up my credit report and I take 1 step forward to go 1 step backwards

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t   This link allows you to opt out from promotional offers with all the CRAs.

How does this help to prevent old collections?

Message 12 of 15
pixiefairy

I dispute the information as a DV with experian and they deleted

Message 13 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@compassion101 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@pixiefairy wrote:

How do you Opt out?  Berks collections always handled this medical debt they had it on their records for the past 6 years it just so happens I had another collections account with them that I paid to get it off my credit report its frustrating because IM trying to clean up my credit report and I take 1 step forward to go 1 step backwards

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t   This link allows you to opt out from promotional offers with all the CRAs.

The CRAs sell "collection triggers" to collection agencies which notifiy them when certain things happen to your credit report, like you apply for a mortgage for example.

The thinking is that opting out might prevent this from happening.   I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that it will always work, but it's the best approach.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 15
compassion101
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@pixiefairy wrote:

The CRAs sell "collection triggers" to collection agencies which notifiy them when certain things happen to your credit report, like you apply for a mortgage for example.

The thinking is that opting out might prevent this from happening.   I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that it will always work, but it's the best approach.....

Wow, thats very interesting. I'll have to search around to read more about that.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.