Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bill on collection

tag
greatestthees
Valued Member

Medical bill on collection

I received a bill from a hospital for services rendered. I thought that it was supposed to be covered by insurance so I called them and they said they would rerun the claim and they said this sort of thing does happen.  They tried it twice found out it was for December of 2012 and all my insurance was used for that year. So by the time I found out that we had to pay the amount it had already been sent to collections, I sent the payment but missed the window by like 15 days. So it was reported to the credit bureau

I have already paid this bill in full. I have called the collection agency to see they can remove it from CRA, but they refused it. The bill was only for 135 dollars. Is there anything I can do to get this removed from my credit report? 

Starting Score: 512 (June 2012)
Current Score as of Aug 2014 (Fico) : EQ 685, TU 660, EX 713
$12k $12k $11k $9k $2k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical bill on collection

You can try to send them Goodwill letters.  I have been fighting over some medicals Since March and the CA absolutely refuses to remove it. 

As for re-submitting it, yes that happens but generally before it goes to collections unless you called them and told them you had ins after it already hit collections?  They only have a 12 month time frame to bill to the ins provider.  Claims get kicked back for things like maybe a insurance number was entered wrong or it is not a covered diagnosis.  Some time the code was just entered wrong and needed to be fixed.

Message 2 of 3
greatestthees
Valued Member

Re: Medical bill on collection

@Shellie wrote:

You can try to send them Goodwill letters.  I have been fighting over some medicals Since March and the CA absolutely refuses to remove it. 

As for re-submitting it, yes that happens but generally before it goes to collections unless you called them and told them you had ins after it already hit collections?  They only have a 12 month time frame to bill to the ins provider.  Claims get kicked back for things like maybe a insurance number was entered wrong or it is not a covered diagnosis.  Some time the code was just entered wrong and needed to be fixed.

Thank you. I will try Goodwill letter. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 512 (June 2012)
Current Score as of Aug 2014 (Fico) : EQ 685, TU 660, EX 713
$12k $12k $11k $9k $2k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.