Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bill

tag
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

Medical bill

Hi all,

I have a question, I have a medical bill that wasn't paid by my insurance because the hospital failed to get authorization . I kept in contact with the hospital billing department the whole time while they investigated and I was told the account would not go to collection while it's in the review status. February 3rd I received the usual letter to pay even thou I had just sent them documents a week before and on the day I faxed the documents it was still in review, so on February 18th I went a head and called to just make payments I figured they aren't gonna do anything about it so I'll just pay it so my credit doesn't get messes up. The rep set up the payment plan and I thought I was good. February 27th I got a letter from collections about it so I called the collection agency to see why it was sent there mind you I set up a payment plan. The rep said the day I set up the plan was the day the account was sent to collections. I called the hospital the next day and another rep told me the person that set up the payment plan didn't realize it was going into collections that day. So I thought about over this past weekend and just went ahead and log in the hospitals payment portal and paid the full bill with my credit card, printed the receipt showing the hospital name and confirmation number and everything. So now I'm wondering if since I made the payment in full to the hospital if the collection agency will still put the account on my credit at a later point......the reason I didn't bother trying to continue the fight is because I want to buy a house.
Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical bill

Could go either way you should have had the hospital recall the CA prior to payment. Odds are they wont report as it costs money but it is their right to if they had collection authority at the time you made the payment to the hospital.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical bill

Had this happen to me last month. As soon as I got the collection letter, I called the hospital and paid in full. They contacted the CA and it was never reported on my report. Also with medical bills going into collection (I had 8 a year ago), once paid, the CA were happy to have them deleted from all CRA. Hope you have the same luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.