cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection agency REMEX - PIF without a letter to guarantee deletion?

tag
tsally862
Valued Member

Medical collection agency REMEX - PIF without a letter to guarantee deletion?

I contacted REMEX today and I was told that if I make a full payment of $856 before the end of the month, that they would delete the collection from my credit report. However, when I asked for them to send me a letter stating that they would in fact make such deletion, I was told they cannot provide me with one. They said I will receive a letter from them stating I have paid in full, and to then call them back so that they can remove the collection from my report. Without anything in writing, I am very reluctant to send out a money order with no guarantee that the collection will be deleted. However, I am trying to buy a car soon and going through the HIPPA process will just take too long right now. Any recommendations? Also, what kind of increase in the credit score could I expect with this one deletion? I will have 3 collections left but I guess 3 is better than 4, right? Smiley Sad Thank you.

Starting Score: EQ 606 TU 575 March 12th, 2012
Current Score: EX 639 EQ 618 TU 649
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.