Valued Member
tsally862

Medical collection agency REMEX - PIF without a letter to guarantee deletion?

I contacted REMEX today and I was told that if I make a full payment of $856 before the end of the month, that they would delete the collection from my credit report. However, when I asked for them to send me a letter stating that they would in fact make such deletion, I was told they cannot provide me with one. They said I will receive a letter from them stating I have paid in full, and to then call them back so that they can remove the collection from my report. Without anything in writing, I am very reluctant to send out a money order with no guarantee that the collection will be deleted. However, I am trying to buy a car soon and going through the HIPPA process will just take too long right now. Any recommendations? Also, what kind of increase in the credit score could I expect with this one deletion? I will have 3 collections left but I guess 3 is better than 4, right? :smileysad: Thank you.

Starting Score: EQ 606 TU 575 March 12th, 2012
Current Score: EX 639 EQ 618 TU 649
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+