cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection dropping from report - How much fico score increase?

tag
tiff
Regular Contributor

Medical collection dropping from report - How much fico score increase?

I have a medical collection that I did a PFD.  I;m awaiting the deletion.  How much on an increase should I expect.  The collection occured 11 months ago.  Amount is $437.00
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical collection dropping from report - How much fico score increase?

It depends on how old it is (as measured by DOFD) and how many you have currently. If it is your last one, I'd guess from 40-100 points. If not, then it could vary.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got my 4 month old collection deleted...I got almost +50 pts on all reports...but your is a little older...and some people don't see any changes...all situations are different...
Message 3 of 6
tiff
Regular Contributor

The date of 1st delinquency on the tradeline says 8/2006. 

However within scorewatch where it explains the negative and positive favors affecting m score, it says that I have a 11 month old collection affecting my score.  This is the only unpaid collection on my report.  The date assigned exactly 11 months.  Could it be based on the date assigned? 

I also have 1 paid collection with a date of 1st delinquency date of 3/2003.  I don't think this is affecting my score at all.

please advise...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection account I am anxiously waiting for it to be removed from CR.  The OC said they would remove it and report it to the bureaus.  It had some late payments also...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date assigned is nothing,,,,the REPORT date is what FICO would go by.

I found that a CA dropping didn't give much of a score raise BUT I received over 50 point increase when the OC reporting from 7 years ago dropped!

Because there is so much going on 24/7 with all of our CR there is no way to know what increase or decrease to see.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.