Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 11 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical collections if paid will be deleted

This is the settlement with the CRAs on medicals and other things, medical will not be restricted to NY as there were other states AGs involved in this suit.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-schneiderman-announces-groundbreaking-consumer-protection-sett...

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had 2 medical collections put in for deletion within the last 2 weeks (one just today).  Medical collections appear to be getting pretty easy to get deleted.  My advice is to just call them ask them.  If they are paid I bet they will delete them.  It cannot hurt to try.

Good luck to you.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding per the article:

"In addition, while delinquencies ordinarily remain on credit reports even after a debt has been paid, the CRAs will remove all medical debts from a consumer’s credit report after the debt is paid by insurance."

This change is to address medical bils that end up in collections because of insurance hold ups. So if your insurance pays, and you are left over with a balance that you are then responsible for and you don't pay it, this won't help you...

Or am I the only person rading it that way, because I keep seeing people say that medical bills have to be removed once paid now, and I just haven't seen anything to support that claim.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.