Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collections - progress!

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Medical collections - progress!

Before starting the HIPAA process (google it, I can't link here), I made the "mistake" of sending PFDs to the CAs involved.

I sent the pre-HIPAA letter.  TU deleted everything medical regardless of payment status, and also one item not covered in that letter.  Equifax and Experian kept them on the reports, but EQ took off the name of the CA.

I paid the OC for the items with one CA (apparently, they assign newer collections and sell older ones) and did not pay for the older ones either at the same time as or just before sending out the pre-HIPAA letters.  I had been informed by the newer CA over the phone (GASP, I know) that they had neglected to Dunning me for one collection and would be sending that out.

I sent the HIPAA letter to the OC, with the Cashier's check as instructed.  I also sent out a pre-HIPAA letter for the other (unrelated) medical collection on my reports (TU and EX).  I mentioned each account number and CA in my OC letter.

I received no reply from the OC.  However, on CCT, I noticed that the older CA was gone but the newer one was still there (name missing on EQ, as said before) and TU went from not having any medical to having a listing as "paid" for the more-recent CA.

I sent out the follow-up to the CRAs and the OC the other week.  Today I get this letter:

Dear Ms. Slacker,

We are in receipt of your letter regardint the accounts reported to United Collections Bureau, Inc.

Your request has been sent to our patient accounts department for processing.  If you have any questions, you can contact them at (Number redacted)

Sincerely,

OC rep's name

Compliance Office

Here's hoping this is the end of these items. 

I figured I'd share my experience with the HIPAA process that we don't link to - it's lengthy, it's kind of a pain, but it seems to work, at least so far!

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical collections - progress!

Nice work!

So, the CA isn't listed on your EQ report, what is in its place?

Message 2 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

Through here - "not reported".  On CCT, there is nothing in that field.

Message 3 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

whoa!!! Please make copies of these reports. Have you checked your EQ report at EQ's site or annual credit report?

Message 4 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

I checked here and on CCT - I might pull directly from EQ in a little bit.  I guess that here they do have the CA listed. 

Here, it does have the masked CA info on it, as of a week ago. 

37i8A98B9518DB2C9B7

38iE032A4C32FC72859

Message 5 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

Here's an amusing aside - Score change related to name change (from my name with my middle initial to my name with my full middle name)

39iC3ABF45F762ABB1B

And yes, that's the only change listed....

Message 6 of 12
WallowinginVA
Established Member

Hi Mauve

I was reading your posting on your medical collections and almost fell off my chair. I had to look again and thought, was it me that posted that? The amounts you owe and how it was written are exactly like mine!! I have been wanting to contact the CA but couldnt find any information as to who handles the account. How did you go about finding that info and do you have any recommendations?

Trying to clean up my scores, I think you might have responded to a couple of my rants, it really is frustrating, yes I acknowledge that most are my debt, 05' was such a bad year for me and most of what ( I had a car loan in 01 that was paid off in 2004 that never had any lates, so its good thats its showing good history - but at the same time, its so old!) I have on my report were mostly from '05. Some are falling off spring /summer next year, I have 3 that are out of SOL (I live in VA) and 1 that is falling off in Dec ( i dont even know if I should PIF or PFD that one since its so close, just afraid that activity will start again).

I am ranting, sorry. Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

If you get it directly from the CRAs, there should be contact info on the listing.  FYI, I still haven't gotten the newer CA off of EQ or EX.  Older CA is off of all of them.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you still in the hipaa process with the newer CA? I just sent out my Med DV to the CA for a Paid account and the follow up to the CRA'S still reporting (EQ & EX). Playing the waiting game now.

Message 9 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

I am.  I've sent the HIPAA courtesy letter to the OC, and am waiting a few more days before complaining to the OCR.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.