Established Contributor
thankfulheart

Medical collections start date for SOL?

I have some medical collections. I have an Experian report that shows that some are due to drop off in 2012, but that is only 6 years from the date they were "assigned".  When does the clock start ticking on medical bills?  Date of service or date they were sold to the CA?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

MarineVietVet

Re: Medical collections start date for SOL?

thankfulheart wrote:

I have some medical collections. I have an Experian report that shows that some are due to drop off in 2012, but that is only 6 years from the date they were "assigned".  When does the clock start ticking on medical bills?  Date of service or date they were sold to the CA?

Hi there.

It is my understanding that the date of service for medical collections is considered the same as the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency). That is when the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period) starts.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}